now browsing by tag
Are you thinking of having a laminate flooring in your home? Well, you actually have two options, it’s either you could go for Laminate flooring or bamboo flooring. Both of them are samples of wood flooring but they actually differ in features. This article will discuss the difference between the two. Read on.
1. Abrasion-Resistant – Laminate flooring has features that could make it abrasion-resistant. It could be used in many high traffic indoor places like the supermart and the gym. Meanwhile, bamboo flooring is the exact opposite.
2. Price Matters – In terms of price, laminate flooring is cheaper. Bamboo flooring on the other hand, is normally 3-4 times higher than that of laminate flooring. Both of them though are moisture-resistant however bamboo is way better since it could be used in the kitchen plus its swelling rate is very low.
4. Durability Counts – In terms of its durability, bamboo flooring is better compared to ordinary flooring. The latter could not be repaired if the top layer is broken since there is no layer to protect its decorative layer and support material. Bamboo flooring could still be used if its surface gets broken since there is still bamboo under the surface.
5. Formaldehyde Content – Bamboo flooring is consists of glued bamboo planks while the support material of laminate flooring consists of glued wooden fiber. Basically, this means that the content of formaldehyde in ordinary flooring is times of that in bamboo however, the latter is still safe as long as it would meet the standard of formaldehyde release.
6. Available Colors – There are plenty of colors to choose from: oak, pine, birch, cherry, birch, teak, ceramic tile, walnut, granite, marble and also including bamboo. However, the colors for bamboo flooring are natural color, carbonized colors and more.
7. Appearance – Bamboo flooring gives an all natural, comfortable and elegant feel. Regular flooring couldn’t provide such feel. However, there are some types of LF with hardwood-like appearance such as V groove type and hand scraped surface.
8. Noise – Laminate flooring is a floating kind, there will be some noise when people would step on it. Bamboo flooring on the other hand only has little noise since its installation procedure is different from regular flooring.
So now that you have already read the difference between regular flooring and bamboo laminate flooring, the decision is yours. Make sure you will weigh its advantages and disadvantages correctly to avoid regrets.