Outdoor Furniture – How To Decorate Your Garden Space
Outdoor furniture must be able to withstand the weather of the place you live in, whether it is extreme summer or an incessant rainy season or those bitterly cold winters. Much thought and attention must be given while choosing garden furniture. Classy looking furniture might not be suitable for a harsh season because it is likely to ruin your pieces.
Points to consider prior to purchase:
Apart from the outside temperature and precipitation, you need to consider other details before you decide on the furniture to buy. These include
* Cost of furniture
* Type of material it is made of – cane, metal, wooden or rattan
* Ease of portability
* Size, colour and design
* Size of your family
Selection of Outdoor Furniture:
Outdoor furniture made of different kinds of material is available. These include:
* Wooden Garden Furniture: There is something elegant and functional about wooden furniture. Teak furniture is valued for its durability and classic looks. It has the unique dual quality of making your conservatory furniture look antique-like or contemporary and modern as per your taste. If you live in a place that is rainy most of the year, wood might not be the best material to buy.
* Metal Garden Furniture: Metal is very durable. With kids around the house, unbreakable furniture would be a good idea. Further, metal furniture can be moulded into different designs to suit your fancy. A round metal table with a couple of chairs would add a pleasant look to your garden.
* Rattan Garden Furniture: They can withstand extreme heat since they are grown in such climes and can be made into different patterns and shapes.
A Range Of Outdoor Furniture For Your Garden Or Conservatory
* Benches, chairs, stools and tables: picnic tables, bar stools, 4-seaters, and coffee tables are available to lend a charming look to your yard.
* Hammocks and Loungers: If you are the sort of person who likes to lounge around for hours in the garden, a hammock is a must-have. Few things are as relaxing as hammocks and sometimes a good long siesta is just what the stressed mind and body need. Loungers come in wood, metal or teak.
* Sofas and swing seats: Nothing announces that it is a Sunday like breakfast on a sofa in the garden area with your kids playing on the swing sets!
* Chimneys and Fire pits: These will allow you to spend those cold and dark nights out in the open air. You can call your friends over for a warm get-together on the patio by installing chimneys and fire pits.
* Parasols: These are essential for those sunny or wet days when you wish to spend time outdoors. They help in making your outdoor space colourful and welcoming.
Caring for Outdoor Furniture:
* Maintenance is a big part of purchasing outdoor furniture. You need to be prepared to work on the upkeep.
* Ensure that anti-termite treatment is done on wooden furniture to avoid hassles later.